There is now way to be taught to be data scientist, but you can learn how to become one yourself. There is no right way, but there is a way, which was adopted by a number of data scientists and it goes through online courses (MOOC). Following suggested order is not required, but might be helpful.
Best resources to study Data Science /Machine Learning
- Andrew Ng’s Machine Learning.
- Geoffrey Hinton’s Neural Networks for Machine Learning.
- Probabilistic Graphical Models specialisation on Coursera from Stanford.
- Learning from data by Caltech.
- CS229 from Stanford (Udemy link) by Andrew Ng.
- CS224d: Deep Learning for Natural Language Processing from Stanford.
- CS231n: Convolutional Neural Networks for Visual Recognition from Stanford.
- Deep Learning Book by Ian Goodfellow and Yoshua Bengio and Aaron Courville.
- Machine Learning Yearning by Andrew Ng.