- VM’s Settings -> System -> check “Enable I/O APIC.”
- Shut the guest down, and use VirtualBox Settings to enable a second virtual network adapter, named (by default) vboxnet0.
- Inside Guest edit /etc/network/interfaces file or analogue and append the following lines:
auto eth1 iface eth1 inet dhcp
allow-hotplug eth1 iface eth1 inet dhcp
- In Guest start the interface:
ssh root@[ip address from ifconfig in Guest]from Host system.
- Make sure you have root login enabled in Guest /etc/sshd_config settings.